In the middle of profound uncertainty, we need ways to view life from a different perspective. No one knows what our new normal may look like. Living one day at a time without planning for the future is not how most of us live. The future will unfold as we move forward for our personal and national transition.
Transition is a time to switch gears and shift upward. Change requires a new way of thinking. For us to be successful and make it through this transition, we must be willing to let go of the past and old ways of thinking and living. Sometimes there is a repositioning of everything in our lives to bring forth the new. New beginnings require new direction, new purpose, new insight, and leaving the old behind.
Hold all things loosely with no expectation.
Life will probably not be the same in the days ahead, so all of us need to make major adjustments.
Now is the time to think about what is really IMPORTANT. We may never be able to live life as we did in the past and certainly not in the near future. We can fight this new reality and put ourselves and families at risk or we can adhere to social distancing, wearing masks, and accept the realty of this pandemic.
Here are tips for finding peace in uncertainty:
- Rethink our lives and determine what is important.
- Identify all the things that are not serving us well.
- Contemplate what needs to be done to get our lives in order: home, finances, and relationships.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of your life will bring order and peace.
- Change is probably necessary, so decide where to start and what to do first.
- Assess your emotional well-being. What needs to change? Do you need to do deep soul searching to get rid of emotional baggage?
- We may need to give up long to-do lists and learn to “go with the flow”.
- Spiritual reassessment may be in order. If our spiritual house is in shambles, nothing in life works well.
Only God can give us true peace and certainty in times of crisis. He wants to meet you where you are and love you there. He has answers for you. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you.
If this COVID series speaks to you at any level, please share this post and blog site with your friends. Subscribe at www.drbrendaramboauthor.com. Your comments and conversation are welcome.
Statements on the blog site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease nor viewed as personal medical advice, but rather for the purpose of general information. The reader is strongly encouraged to speak with his/her own physician or healthcare provider for advice.