As lawlessness befalls our cities and streets, we must rise up and let our voices be heard. The days of the silent majority doing and saying nothing needs to be over.
I have had people contacting me today wanting to know what can they do to make a difference. Here are some suggestions; however, if you read these suggestions and do nothing, you become part of the problem and not the solution. If you cherish your freedom, NOW is the time to take a stand lest we lose the freedoms we take for granted. Most of us are law abiding, hardworking citizens, who mind our own business and never speak up or do anything to “rock the boat.”
Here are some suggestions to make our voices and opinions known:
- Contact your mayor, governor, state representatives, senators, and congressional representatives. Go online and find their phone numbers and email addresses. Encourage them to take a stand for what is right. Let them know your views and opinions.
- Send emails to everyone you know and encourage them to do the same. Send them phone numbers and contact information, and then ask them to ‘pass it on.”
- Pastors need to not ignore what is happening and take a stand. Whatever happened to praying from the pulpit about local and national issues of concern and calling people to pray?
- Start prayer groups and prayer chains and beckon everyone you know to pray. Start prayer groups in your homes and set prayer as your first priority.
- Encourage your Police and Sheriff Departments by doing acts of kindness. Take them breakfast, little gifts, send them cards, call them, tell all those you know who are in law enforcement how much you appreciate them. Do this now—they are broken and discouraged.
- Send out prayer requests to all you know who pray. Let prayer become your first priority.
- Connect with networks of intercessors who are praying with knowledge and discernment and those who see the big picture.
- Pray and ask God for a strategy on other things you can do and move according to His strategies and His plans. God is not a God of lawlessness.
If you have enjoyed this writing, please go to my blog site and subscribe at drbrendaramboauthor.com. Comments and conversation are welcome.
You can also purchase Whispers of the Spirit, a devotional book, at this website or you can find the book on Amazon. A Kindle version is also available on Amazon. Did you know that even if you do not have a Kindle, you can download a Kindle app for your PC, smartphone or tablet? Go to Amazon and search Kindle app and download the appropriate one for you.