The Ugly—Part 3: Take A New Path
Ugly relationships are those who are:
These types of relationships will destroy your life. If it is a marriage relationship, and there are certainly a multitude of sick dysfunctional marriages, you need to earnestly seek God about what His will is for your life.
If you are in a relationship that makes you fear for your safety and life, then you need to get out. If you are not married, by all means get out as fast as you can.
Be done with the emotional, physical and sexual abuse and move on.
I believe God lets us see big red flags of warning, but most of us overlook these major warning signs out of our own emotional deprivation and continue to stay and dig ourselves into pits of absolute despair. GET OUT while you can before you suffer more grief, heartache and pain.
Here are some ways to determine if it is time to “MOVE ON.”
- Have you been physically hurt, beaten up physically, emotionally, or sexually? GET OUT. The law is on your side and will protect you.
- Do you live in fear of unpredictable behavior, rage and anger? Do you live in a state of feeling threatened every day or most days? GET OUT.
- Are your children being threatened or abused and do they live in fear? GET OUT.
- Seek family and friends who can help you get through your detachment from such a person.
- SEEK GOD with all of your heart, pray and seek godly counsel on what to do and how.
God has a good plan for your life, and He WILL help you through to the other side. UGLY Relationships are dangerous. God will create a new life and a new path for you. The path may look lonely, but God will walk with you and lead you toward the LIGHT. Jesus is the LIGHT. You will have hope for a new day and a new beginning.